NICKEL BREWING COMPANY in Julian, California
1. Total # of beers on tap – 14 beers
2. Flights? Cost of a taster flight – 2 bucks per taster
4. How many IPAs? – 2 IPAs, 1 Double IPA and a JPA (Julian Pale Ale)
5. Growler fills? Will they fill other brewery growlers or blank growlers
6. Barrel Aging Program – None that I could see.
7. 2 Unique things about this place – This place used to be the Sheriff station. The old holding cell is now a game room with darts and foosball.
8. Weirdest/Most Uncommon Beer available. The trippel, the dubbel, Julian Pale Ale and definitely the Apple Pie Ale.
9. Best beer “you gotta try this” – APPLE PIE ALE – made with apple cider and pear cider. Unique and original.
10. Face of the Place. Was the bartender cool? Knowledgable? – The owner, Tom Nickel is usually lurking around. I haven’t spoken with him yet, but he seems like a friendly enough guy. The bartender was young and didn’t seem to be over-flowing with beer knowledge. She was more interested in talking about her latest downtown mishap. She was cool, attentive and friendly, however.
11. Nerdy thing I learned. – nothing this time.
12. Food? There was some chips and stuff, but no kitchen. Fortunately, all that Julian apple pie is less than a mile down the road.
14. What could improve?
15. Kid Friendly? Pets? – There is an outside patio that would be ideal to have pets or kids. The whole place has a very laid back atmosphere, so I am pretty sure that they will be accommodating as much as possible.